Saturday, 27 February 2010

fucking music fuck

I have recently come to the conclusion that I will listen to any band if I think their name is stupid & offensive enough to be funny to me.
almost none of these bands are musically competent, popular or generally worth listening for their musical output. however, their band name, album names &/or song names are usually so over the top that I end up laughing just thinking about them and rarely make it as far as giving any "songs" they may have written a decent listening to. I may even put tracks on to play from a neglected MySpace account but usually I'm too busy laughing to take in any of the aural assault the band may offer me.
many of these bands sample equally ridiculous soundbites from television shows, films et cetera at the start of tracks, apparently on the basis that they are tenuously linked to the track's title.
many of these bands call themselves "grindcore" but are in fact just mongoloids breaking their instruments into an amplifier or two & occasionally playing other reprobates' house parties.

examples include, but are not limited to (dot dot dot)

Anal Cunt
the well-known masters of fantastically offensive track titles, with subjects ranging from homophobia to Nazi sympathies via infanticide & domestic violence. if you find the idea of any of the above potentially humourous then have a look at a track list or two

Vincent Price's Orphan Powered Death Machine
and the award for "Best Mental Image Created by Band Name" goes to...

Agoraphobic Nosebleed
prolific & bordering on listenable, track titles such as "The Newly Weds Are Raped" & "Arrival of Bees" make me titter

Ed Gein
not only named after a spectacular man with a keen interest in human skin & responsible for songs such as "A Way to Kill Old People" but also politically misanthropic

As the Sun Sets
they may not have a particularly worthy name themselves but they did write a song called "While Others Attend Chatrooms With Erections" & that's worth something in my book

Crepitation
ok so I actually like this band. they do something vaguely original & musically coherent &, most importantly, the bass in their tracks makes me feel nauseous if I turn it up loud enough. check out "Equine Phallic Impalement"

Fuck Your Haircut
a Birmingham act releasing an upcoming 7" split with fellow local miscreants Stinky Wizzleteat with song titles such as "Fuck the Scene, Let's Play Tetris!" & "Jew Rave"



ok fuck it I'm done dredging up bands I barely even like. if you like or, for that matter, hate any of them then feel free to let me know & I probably won't care

No comments:

Post a Comment