Thursday, 4 February 2010

healthcunt

following on from the tenuous theme of healthcare from the last post about the MMR vaccine.

many young people wankers I know get their "good deed" kicks out of donating blood. I have never given blood & I'm not even sure what my blood type is, other than I know it isn't rare &/or particularly useful. when these self-righteous arseholes bring up the subject & ask, surprised, why I've never done it I usually retort that "I can't give blood to animals". this isn't the full story but it usually shuts them up as they rapidly come to the (probably correct) conclusion that I'm some sort of morally-dubious cumstain on society's bedsheets.
rather than the much-publicised lack of willing donors, what I take issue with is the men-who-have-sex-with-men exclusion debate, which is a fucking ridiculous issue because blood is screened for the diseases claimed to be more prevalent in MSM before use anyway.

regardless, I don't believe I should be giving blood to sustain the lives of other members of my species. there are too many of us for this planet to support our industrialised ways... or at least the habits of those of us who are fortunate enough to have such industrialisation available to us. our life expectancy here in those regions that have been nominally designated as "the West" is going up.
this is not a good thing; either we will all have to work for much more of our lives in order to sustain ourselves in infirmity later on or the economy will fuck up spectacularly once we're left with a much larger proportion of the population depending on a smaller number of those still working, being productive & all that other boring shit we have to do in life to survive.
based on this apocalyptic prediction of a "silver tsunami" of coffin-dodging geriatrics I don't feel like medical science should progress any further than it has done. we do not need a cure for cancer. we all have to die of something & cancer is one of the few things left killing people now that we've removed those threats to longevity that were easier to deal with.

I'm not entirely certain why people have such an attachment to their own species anyway. is it purely evolution that mandates our want to protect our own, live until we have nothing left to do & squirt out a few offspring along the way?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

eesh.

considering you don't believe that human life is sacred (amen), do you take a "why not?" stance on euthanasia?

foxxe said...

yes, if not a "please do!" stance.
core belief: less humans = good thing

Post a Comment